Thursday, July 17, 2008

May

Now for some catching up from the month of May.

1. At the beginning of the month my cards for the swap were due, and here they are...


Mother's Day (anything) Swap

3 or More Embellishments (card) Swap

Girlfriends (anything) Swap


2. Sunday, May 11th was the best Mother's Day yet, thanks to a wonderful husband and three fantastic children.

My children made all sorts of cards, etc. for me. Caleb made me a card at school, a couple cards at home and a bookmark at church to give to me. Matthias gave me a card he made at home and a bookmark he made at church. Seija gave me a cute poem and card with her hand prints on it.
I also got a card from Brad and the the best gift! Brad and I love to play games together and I really started liking a game called Ticket to Ride. So when I received the Europe edition I was totally excited to play. Come to find out that there are some differences (additions) to the Europe edition that make it so much better!! Love it!

The best part of the day though, was the fact that Brad made all the meals and even changed all the diapers. I love being spoiled!


3. I prepared a little something for my Valiant 11 class to make their Mothers for Mother's Day. Below is a matching bookmark, notepad and pen. The kids loved making them.



4. On Saturday, May 17th we attended a grad dinner (not for Brad) at the Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club. I'm all for a night off cooking, especially when the food is as good as this was!

I had fun too! For awhile I wanted to avoid most work parties because of a few women who made it known, they were 'too good to just be a stay-at-home mom', by their snide, cutting remarks. I don't have to stay at home, I want to stay at home! I want to be the one to raise and teach my children. I do a better job at raising my children than someone who would only be paid to do it would. But as for these specific people, I hope for their future children's sake that they don't stay at home, I'm sure the person they pay to watch their children would do a better job than they could. Sorry! Just needed to rant a little. As a side note, there are some very, very wonderful "work people", who I love talking to and spending time with.


5. After church on Sunday, we had a family picnic and walked around the Cibolo Nature Center with some friends of ours. My friend Kelly took some family pictures that I can use for the Adoption collage (part of our adoption profile). Below are some of our favorites.

Tickle fight for smiles.

Gorgeous scenery at the river. It's a beautiful park - we love to go there.

Holding hands. Awww!


The John & Kelly Family

Look at how excited she is about her flowers. I love this picture!
Thanks Kelly and clan!

7 people know I like comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

I love that box card. Will you teach me how to make it sometime. I need to do another card workshop or something. Your family pics were so cute.

Hillery said...

How cute is that pic with Seija? Love it! And hooray for Ticket to Ride!

Lyssa Beth said...

That last pic of Seija is so cute! And you are one talented card maker! We need to do a card night.

The Shirleys said...

I love you family pictures! Your kids are so cute! Congrats on the graduation. It feels so good to move to the next stage.

The Smiths said...

Tilane! This is Nancy from stake athletics. How come you haven't been coming to stake volleyball?! You've missed two weeks already! You gotta come, we're playing til Nov. 20th.

By the way, love your blog! The hiking looks like so much fun. Love the family hiking outings. How do you convince your kids to go? Ours have boycotted hikes- "it's boring!" :)

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Tilane, it's been so long since your last entry. I have done the unthinkable and tagged you in a world wide blogosphere game of randomness. :) You can thank me later, in the meantime I hope you'll join in the fun!
XO
http://www.muirheadkingdom.com/blogs/daria/2008/10/08/550/

Unknown said...

Those Pictures were so cute!! I can't wait to tickle those cute little kids again, its been way to long!! Maybe one day we'll live in kelowna together and I can spend as much time as I want with them!