Saturday, January 31, 2009

Staging

I'm keeping busy this month with trying to get my home ready to sell. All the decluttering, cleaning and staging of the house was suppose to be done by today, but that goal has been wisely pushed back. :-) We still have a ton to do to make our house look presentable.

Thanks to my Mom & Dad, we got drapes for the living room & dining room. My Mom also spent a lot of time making pillows for our window seat while she was here.


Then I continued to keep her busy, making my children scripture bags. They all look so cute, that if I hadn't picked them out myself I wouldn't have imagine that they are made out of place mats.

Brad's Mom and Bryan were also very giving. We got new bedding for our children's beds and new furniture for Seija's room. Although as you can plainly see we still haven't gotten the missing piece for Seija's bed. Poor girl is still sleeping on the floor.


So far, some of the big changes we've made in organizing our furniture are: 1. The boys room is now just Matthias' room,

2. The TV room is now Caleb's room,

3. The formal dining area (which was empty) is now our music area, and

4. The living room is also our TV room.


I've also finished decluttering Caleb's room, Matthias' room, Seija's room, our room, the living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathrooms. I just have the office (which will be a huge progect), the pantry area and bit more of the garage left to do.

Not only have we been organizing our space, we've also been decorating each room to stage it for selling. Staging the house has been my favorite part of this whole thing. I have many projects in the works which I will post as I complete them, but here are some things that are finished.

Our bathroom linens/decor are now in the main bathroom.

Our bathroom got new tiling and than some new decor. I reused a basket I got for Christmas to make the hand towels look nicer.

I made a centerpiece for our coffee table that actually matches the colours of our couch. Since it is an ugly, odd coloured couch I was impressed to find the bowl/decorative balls (thank-you WalMart).

I also made a centerpiece to go with the colour of the drapes in our Kitchen.

I keep hoping to find more time to blog, but life continues to get busier instead.
If any of you know someone wanting to buy a home in San Antonio, give us a call!

9 people know I like comments:

Ellice said...

It looks great!!! You are so much farther than I am.... you want to come to my house??? Love all the changes and additions :)

ESTHER BEAZER said...

it look good tilane! i know it is so hard to get things done like that i wouldn't have ever gotten it done if mom didnt offer to come down and help me out! We had fun! it was great! Well love you guys!

janetina said...

Wow!! Your house looks amazing! I wish I could come back and see it, maybe I will. I hope you can find another bed for Seija. I love Caleb's room too. So I am looking forward to our time together in San Diego. Keep me posted of your thoughts and ideas for our time. love mom

Jill said...

Your house looks great! Good luck and if I know anyone moving down here, I'll definitely send them your way!

Anna said...

It looks great Tilane! Good luck selling it, and then pass the good luck to us. :)

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

You house looks great! Good luck!

Jami Black said...

The house is looking amazing-I know it is a lot of hard work. Hope you and Brad have an amazing weekend!

J.Reed said...

I love the changes you made! Do you wish you had made them before you are moving? I found that when I got my last house ready and made all of the changes I wished I had done it earlier so I could enjoy it. I would love to come over and see the changes.

Lindsay said...

The place looks great Tilane. Getting ready to sell a house is so not fun and then you think, why didn't I make it look like this before so I could have enjoyed it. That's what it was like with our condo. I finally got it looking nice and then didn't get to enjoy it. But I guess you have a couple months to enjoy eat. Looking forward to seeing you guys.