Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SPT - Something Old

The spt challenge this week is: may means *wedding month* to me. and, no, this challenge is not going to be about weddings (unless you want it to be...) this month's challenge is simply:
tuesday, may 6 something old
tuesday, may 13
something new
tuesday, may 20
something borrowed
tuesday, may 27 something blue

Lets see... Do I have anything old around my house... I do! I see a few things!... Actually I see many things. If fact everything is old. Looks like next week will be a little trickier to figure out. This week my only problem will be how much to include.


The point of this picture is for you to see our very old table. Almost all the finish has been removed over time. It is such an eye sore! So I bought all the supplies I needed to refinish our table... a year ago. Last week was yet another week of being too busy to make my old table look like new, as I was trying to plan two parties (details in a future post), finish my cards for the card swap, get Mother's Day cards out, deal with three sick children, clean up the "sick" they left on my carpet, etc, etc. I happen to have the most wonderful husband in the world. Who not only helped out with my crazy week, but also found time to do this.


Just look at it shine! I love it! My old table now looks like new.
Thank-you Brad!!!



Old Hairdo. As you can see Brad is in need of a haircut. Hopefully that needed event will occur before his sister's wedding this month. We want nice pictures! Although I have to admit his hairdo isn't quite as old as this one was (below).





This photo is a favorite of mine. I know the baby is new, but look at the contrast of the hand that's holding him. Isn't that beautiful?


Brad as a baby. Old looking face - little baby arms. He hasn't changed much but fortunatly he grew into that head of his. His body is proportioned much better now.

15 people know I like comments:

Bren's Life said...

Too cute you guys are.. My husband used to have hair like that too, when he had hair! Now he would die to have hair like that - or to have a lot of hair!!!

Unknown said...

these photos are hysterical - and your table looks beautiful!!

nice hair, brad.

me said...

I love the picture of the newborn and the older hand. So beautiful and classic.

Courtney said...

Funny pics of the MAN!!! I love the picture of the OLD and the NEW and you table looks fantastic! BTW I'm private so email me and I'll share courtneymilius@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love the new baby and old hand. The table looks wonderful!
What can you say about the hair

Alisa said...

Oh the hair-

The table is beautiful- how sweet of him to do that- it sure takes time!

Warren said...

Wow... I thought I had 'fro-ey hair! ('tis the reason you almost never see me without a baseball hat!) I see you guys are in San Antonio... are you in the new Kyle stake like we are?

Laurie said...

How nice is that?!

I love the photo of the newborn. Precious sight of young and old.

Dacia said...

My table is in need of the same thing. We've had it for about 10 years and we've always wanted to refinish it. It will probably never happen.

My husband would have the same curly hair if he still had it. That's how it used to look before he started shaving it.

Love the baby pic!

Jeanette said...

Too funny. I also love the baby picture with the older hand, it says it all.

jenny said...

I am laughing so hard at that photo of Brad. He really wasn't joking about his hair. I still am laughing about people asking him about perming his hair. Apparently you need to show them these photos.

Sarah said...

That is some great hair. Very fun pictures. Your table looks really great.

Laura Leavitt said...

your kids are adorable...you look great too.

J.Reed said...

That picture of Brad with baby hands is hilarious!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

LOL- that was so funny! Love the hair and so happy you got your table done!