Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SPT - Earth Day

Lelly's SPT challenge for this week is:
this week, go out and plant a tree. carpool. invest in a good water bottle. at the very least, take a moment and figure out your ecological footprint. if you participated last year, are you doing anything *greener* this year? if this is your first earth day spt, do you consider yourself a part of "the green generation?"

Although I don't do as much as I should, I do what I can. Year by year we are getting better at being part of "the green generation". But I still have room for improvement for next years spt :)

I Reduce:


These babies were purchased last November. Oh, how I love front load (high efficiency) washers & dryers! Saves time, saves money, saves water, saves electricity.

This was installed last summer. CPS regulates a/c usage by turning it off for 10 minutes at a time. I didn't even notice it, and it supposedly saves a "ton" of electricity.

Our "bright idea" of a year ago. These light bulbs "Save Money. Save Energy. Save the Environment." - or so I've been told :)

I Reuse:

My kind of Tupperware.

I Recycle:

Today not only is earth day, it just so happens that it's recycle pick-up day too. How convenient! It makes me feel like I've helped out a little today.

Do you have any great, inexpensive ideas that you do to help save the earth?
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!

12 people know I like comments:

Barb said...

That *lightbulb moment* self portrait takes the prize today! Best one I've seen - very creative and fun.

Linda said...

It looks like you're doing tons to help the environment...what a great job!

We have lots to do in our household to be "greener" but all of these SPT's have been very motivating! Hopefully I'll have a better report from my house next year!

Dacia said...

I love the washer and dryer. That's a great idea with the a/c. We're lucky enough that we don't really need an a/c. It's only hot about 2 months of the whole year, so we just open our windows. There are a few days a year I wish we had one, but it wouldn't be worth it for those 2 months only.

Unknown said...

you're making great strides in your household! i've been thinking about putting a regulator on our A/C - that is one area where i could definitely improve!

Bren's Life said...

Your washer & Dryer look like they would be to die for ones... I have a front loader too, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I wished...
Great SPT!

jenny said...

I am jealous of your front loaders. I bet it saves a ton of money. Way to go going green!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

good for you! love your washer and dryer- jealous!

Alisa said...

Great spt-
loved the lightbulb moment!
Seeing your regulator for the AC reminds me that I need to reprogram ours!

Kalina said...

We just got a new washer and dryer too. Our dryer is even gas (which is supposed to be even more energy efficient). I love them!

The Monkeys said...

Good for you. I like your light bulb self portrait! I just got a new washer and am loving it!

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

Thanks for all the tips Tilane! And, I just have to say you make the cutest cards. I need lessons!

Rachael said...

Oh I totally spaced my new washer and dryer when I did my SPT last week! Great post!