Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday's Weekly Blessing - My Hands to Create

I enjoy doing all kinds of crafts. Lately I've been working on cards / paper crafts and cake decorating. Because of all this creative fun I've been having, I've realized how grateful I am for my hands that are able to do what I want to do.


These are peppermint patty duos. Two York mints fit in each box. I did these for the card swap in the surprise / anything category.

This is for a young girl's birthday, I made for the card swap in the birthday category.

The bags with tags I made for the spring category.


Three of the children in my primary class had birthdays last week so I made each of them the above card and the whole class got treats last Sunday (below - one of each)


Last Wednesday was our Crafty Clique night. We had Lindsay teach us cake decorating. Lindsay put so much work into it. She was amazing! She made about 30 cakes and all the icing to go with it, planned two different cake designs / techniques to teach us, she bought all the supplies, did all the setting up & cleaning up, and taught a fabulous class. We all had so much fun. I learned so many useful decorating tips.

Working on the flower cake

Working on the dot cake


The finished products

My work of art!

What do you like to create with your hands?

3 people know I like comments:

The Shirleys said...

YOur cake is so cute! YOu did a great job. I also love the card boxes you make. Thos are so cute!!

Hillery said...

Oh my word! How cute are those candy boxes? It would be a perfect little gift!

Bren's Life said...

Your cake is so cute! You look like you make great craft things. I'll have to check more often at your cute things...