Monday, February 4, 2008

Mondays About Me - Busy Week

Last week was a little crazy for me. I had a lot that needed to get done all at once.
Monday - Besides Caleb's regular homework, he also had to bring in a poster about himself (full of pictures and things that he likes) because he was "star of the week". He had a valentines project due, the "100th day of school" project to do and he still needs to make a Valentine card holder.

His "Star of the Week" poster
Tuesday - I worked on Valentine jelly bean holders for my card swap. I made 12 for the swap and started 12 more to give to my children and to the primary children I teach each Sunday.
They're called sour cream containers (don't ask me why).
Wednesday - I did the spt (that was suppose to be done the previous day) and finally put away all the Christmas stuff. See last Wednesday's post.
Thursday - I sorted through all my children's clothing, exchanging it with the next size up. Doing that was more work than I thought it would be. Usually they have growth spurts at different times, so I'm only working on one child's wardrobe at a time. Not this time!
Friday - I worked on the last of the cards for the card swap. I made 12 of these men's valentines cards.Friday also marked the day I started "The 14 Days of Valentines".
On the first day... he got a gift. I thought it would be nice, since Brad is the ward organist, to get him something more than the hymnbook he uses. I decided to get him an organ prelude songbook.
On the second day... he got a double sided valentine puzzle. One side with the Valentine, one side with a message.
On the third day... he got three chocolates (under each was a word "I", "LOVE", & "YOU").On the fourth day... he got four poems (written by me).
That briefly sums up my week. I know this post doesn't look brief, but trust me I could have added way more!

5 people know I like comments:

Kalina said...

I know why they're called sour cream containers. That's what they looked like at fast food places. They had containers like that filled with sour cream.

Kalina said...

Wow, you're really creative. I really need to get better at card making. Mine look so pathetic...

Unknown said...

YEY! you have a blog! The party went great, it was fun, but I'm glad i'm done hosting parties! Your cards and Valentine stuff is so cute!!! very creative! Hey, tomorrow we are making some wipee cases like the one on my blog (it's under "My artwork" it's our monthly craft night. Anyway, if you are interested in coming, it will be at my apt. call Kristen and she can give you details or maybe you too can ride together. It will be lots of fun!

Jenni said...

I didn't know that you had a blog! Thanks for commenting on mine so I could find you! What a cute idea to do the 14 days of Valentines...I will have to keep that in the back of my head and remember it for a less stressful february :) Oh and I just got that Pillsbury thing forwarded to me and loved it!

Anonymous said...

Wow 4 poems. That would be tough. You Valentine cards turned out cute.