Thursday, January 24, 2008

Me In Threes Thursdays - Weeks 1 - 4

I found these 52 questions that you give three answers to. Since there is one for each week, I'm going to catch up by doing four of them today.

Week #1
What three movies from this past year would you recommend?

  1. Amazing Grace
  2. The Ultimate Gift
  3. Stardust
Amazing Grace is based on a true story. You find out about the history of British transatlantic slave trade and how it was stopped. You also find out the meaning and circumstances surrounding the song Amazing Grace. It is a fantastic, clean movie that will make you want to buy it (so we did).

The Ultimate Gift is based on the book "The Ultimate Gift" by Jim Stovall. It's about Jason, who thought when his grandfather died, he was going to be left a great inheritance. Instead his grandfather devised a plan for Jason to experience a crash course on life which would change him forever. Another clean movie with a great message.

Stardust is "fantasy" movie, that has a little of everything. Action, drama, romance, comedy. It is an all round fun, feel good movie.

I'd also recommend "Love Comes Softly" series. These movies are based on the books by Janette Oke. There are five so far, but my favorite is still the first one. I also enjoyed The Bourne Ultimatum, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and The Illusionist.


Week #2
What are three things that scare you?
  1. The high probability in San Antonio of a cyclist being hit by a car (my husband cycles to school and back).
  2. Horror movies (I won't watch them. I do like and watch thriller movies though).
  3. Waking up this morning and finding a cockroach on the toilet that I was about to use (it grosses me out more than scares me, but I did jump back). Yuck!!!


Week #3
What are three stress relievers for you?
  1. Talking and hanging out with my husband is my favorite stress reliever.
  2. Playing volleyball every Thursday night.
  3. At the end of a stressful day with children, I like to watch a mindless DVD or just get out of the house (without them) for awhile.

Week #4
What are three smells you like?
  1. Freshly laundered clothes
  2. My house after cooking bacon
  3. The smell of pine trees when I go hiking in the Canadian Rockies

1 people know I like comments:

jenny said...

I too enjoyed the movie Stardust. I can't believe how young you look in those hiking photos (not that you look old now)

Very interesting facts. I never would have guessed you enjoy the smell of cooked bacon.