Monday, January 21, 2008

Mondays About Me - Adoption and VT

My VT companion and I had a bit of a surprise last week. One of the Ladies we VT, called us not only to set up her own VT appointment, but to feed us lunch also. Isn't that great?! VT couldn't be easier! She made us salad, a Mexican soup and tortilla cinnamon & sugar sticks last Wednesday. It was so kind of her to think of us.

On Thursday I showed up to volleyball and was disappointed to find out there wasn't any that night :(

Brad and I have decided to adopt a child. We don't know when, or who, we just know it's right. Last Friday we had an adoption orientation. It was quite overwhelming, seeing all the paper work and all other things we need to do, just to finish the first step of the adoption process. But as I listened to how we will grow to love and bond with the birth mother for the precious gift she is giving us, my eyes watered and my heart swelled. The feelings I felt right then let me know once again that this is the right decision we are making and well worth the sacrifice. Later that evening, when Brad and I were talking in the temple, I realized that at exactly the same moment, he felt the same feelings I did.

4 people know I like comments:

Angie said...

I think it is wonderful that you are going to adopt. I can't wait to hear more about it.

jenny said...

You guys are seriously amazing. I think it takes a special person to adopt a child. Ironically when Doug and I were in the temple last week we got the same thoughts on a subject as well. You have to LOVE how the spirit works.

Kalina said...

Wow, that's great. I never would have guessed you guys would adopt. Do you think you want an older child or a baby? Darcy and I plan to adopt but we want to wait until the kids are older and then we want to adopt older kids or foster parent to adopt. This makes me so excited!

Cristina HW said...

wow! that's wonderful Tilane! i had no idea! I'm so happy for you all; you will be amazing at it, like everything else. :) (This is cristina, btw)