Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SPT Challenge - The 25th Hour

SPT Challenge - The 25th Hour - what if there was a twenty-fifth hour of the day, an hour all to yourself! no commitments, no distractions, no need to sleep. what would you do?

This spt was fun to think about. An hour just for me. There are some of my family and friends who don't seem to need a 25th hour like I do. My husband Brad is a prime example. He has time management skills that are awe-inspiring. He can accomplish in one day, more than most people can in three days. It truly is a wonderful talent he has. As for me, I've been wishing for a few extra hours a lot these past fews days. I've been greatly tempted to disregard my goal, of getting to bed before midnight, so that I can have that extra hour. So I thought about what I like doing, what I want to do, what I need to do and what I've been putting off for ages, and I came up with a huge list of what I'd do in that 25th hour. Below is my current top ten ways I'd spend my 25th hour. Some of them aren't so exciting or fun, but they need to get done.

***Warning*** there are some people who think I keep quite a clean home, but the terrible truth is about to come out. I am like those children who pretend to clean, but stuff everything into their closets. Most people who come over to our house don't go into our bedroom, where our clean laundry is sprawled all over the place, unfolded. Nor do they enter our office that is a bigger disaster than you can imagine. Those are my "closet" rooms. Now that you know my secret, you may proceed to my top ten list.

1. Get the Christmas stuff put away. I am one step closer to getting that done. I've have now accumulated most of the decorations into one spot.* Update: I got it done today! Not that I found an extra hour, I just forgot about all the other things I need to do. My personal goal was to accomplish this before the end of the month (I was cutting it pretty close, wasn't I?).
2.
Iron my huge stack of wrinkled clothes and fold the mountain of clean laundry. It really is a mountain, see...3. Sort through my children's clothes, and pack the items that no longer fit them.
4. Organize my office (I am not showing a picture of it, it is way too embarrassing!!!)
5. Make the cards for my card swap and other cards also.
6. Finish our 72 hour kits. I've been collecting needed items over a year and now I just need to put them all together. But when?
7. Finish working on "14 Days of Valentines". I started a tradition, much like the Twelve Days of Christmas, where my true love gets something (usually very cheap, but creative) everyday in February, leading up to Valentines Day, to let him know how much I love him. I don't want to spoil the surprises, so there'll be more to come on this subject.
8. Start taking piano lessons again and having the time to practice.
9. Play volleyball, volleyball, and more volleyball.
10. Last, but definatly not least. Take a photography course.

4 people know I like comments:

Unknown said...

you've got tons of great ways to spend an hour. YAY for getting one thing off of your list today!

Kalina said...

wow, i am amazed. Now I know your dirty secrets.... It's ok. I still don't have my halloween stuff put away (mainly because there's nowhere to put it right now). But that was a great question...

jenny said...

That is quite the list. Awesome you were able to cross some off (love those kind of days) I like your bed quilt. Did you make that??

Great idea with the Valentine thing. I think I am a bit late though....

Tilane said...

I did not make the quilt. We got it as a wedding gift, from a couple that I knew on my mission.