Monday, January 28, 2008

Mondays About Me -

Update:

Saturday was a busy day for me and my family. It went something like this...

8:00 am - Matthias had basketball
9:00 am - Caleb had basketball pictures
11:00 am - We went to a baptism
12:00 pm - Caleb had a birthday party
1:00 pm - I made dessert for a dinner & dance I went to that evening
2:00 pm - I made valentines for Caleb's school class

Last year I made valentines flowers with a lollipop at the centre of each one only to find out that we aren't allowed to bring any candies I was very disappointed after all the work I put into them. So this year, being much smarter about all the Texas school rules, I made worm valentines with pencils in them. Being the fugal (others may call it a cheapskate, but I prefer the word frugal) person I am, it only cost me $2 for all 24 valentines ($2 for the pencils and the rest of the supplies I already had or made on my computer) The back says "You've wormed your way into my heart Happy Valentines Day!"
3:30 pm - I started working on a missionary package (Ashley's last one)
4:30 pm - I started cutting about 6 lbs of pork into strips for the dinner & dance
5:00 pm - I started cooking the meat
6:00 pm - I picked up the babysitter
6:30 pm - My husband and I went on a date to the dinner & dance
10:00 pm - We got home and I started working on my primary lesson (for the next day)
That was aside the regular day-to-day activities like eating, changing diapers, getting myself and children ready for the day, doing laundry, etc, etc.

Fortunately Sunday was a lot more laid back - I even got a nap :)

Today I am planning FHE on what President Hinckley has done since becoming the president and working on more valentines stuff (more to come on this).

1 people know I like comments:

tomturf said...

I think the pencil (worm) valentine is a great school valentine's idea. I won't want Orlean giving me one, but for school you have gone beyond the call of duty.