Sunday, March 30, 2008

She Thirsts

SEIJA

Gender: Feminine

Usage: Finnish

Derived from Finnish seijas meaning "tranquil, serene".

When Seija was a baby we were astonished as to how calm she was. The name we picked really seemed to fit her. She was the essence of what that name meant. She hardly ever cried, she was happy, and just content to lay on the floor and stare at the boys playing or to hang out alone. I thought having three kids was much easier than just having one or even two children. It was incredible how much I could do with having a newborn around!

She has changed a lot since then. She is still a very happy child, but she now shows it with a lot of energy and noise. She is an extremely spirited child with a little mischievous mixed in!

Today I walked into the pantry to find my daughter quickly replacing a juice box to it's rightful place - empty, with an "oh no I've been caught" expression on her face. As I went to pick it up and throw it out, I found two more punctured and empty juice boxes lying there with the other full ones. Apparently I don't give give her enough to drink :)
I knew if I let her get away with that, she and the boys would feel they have free rein on all the snacks in the pantry, but how do you punish something you find so funny?!

I have to admit that she does still has some calm moments (see below).


As I was writing this post (very late at night of course), I heard Matthias crying out in his sleep "NO SEIJA!!!". I wonder what he's dreaming about!

5 people know I like comments:

Jami Black said...

What a doll she is-don't you love their mischievious moments that keep you on your toes!

jenny said...

I was always jealous as to how that girl could seriously sleep where ever you guys went. Weston has turned on some serious mischief as well. She sure is a cutie. And those drink boxes are hilarious. Hmmm looks like she was a little thirsty :)

Bren's Life said...

I love the picture of her. She looks like a little doll... How adorable your kids are...
What would you like to know about adoption? Ask anything you would like & I'll do my best to help... We've done both private adoption through the church & State Foster adopt adoption.

Kalina said...

oh my goodness. That is funny! I love it. I was just talking to mom the other day about Seija. I'm gonna call you and talk to you soon. I guess the reason it's so funny is that it's the quiet ones that do it. Remember how Katie slept non-stop and was such a perfect baby. I catch her doing things like that all the time now. It is hard to punish but we gotta do it for them to learn. :P

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

I don't know why, but juice boxes are the most amazing things! Seija is so adorable. By her sweet innocent smile, how could she ever get into trouble:)